Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion Essay
Family health concept
The health and wellness of individuals always begin from the family. The execution of health activities, roles, and responsibilities occur at home. Family health is significant to the family members because when one individual is sick, all family members are affected.
Family history and genetics influence an individual’s health status because there are hereditary diseases that affect the family members, such as sickle cell disease, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases (Green, 2018). Understanding the family health concept and family history is essential in identifying the health risks that increase individuals’ potential for developing certain illnesses such as hypertension.
Health promotion is an effective public health strategy for ensuring healthy people within the family and community at large. Health promotion measures such as educating the family, screening, conducting health campaigns, and developing health awareness programs help build family capacity and enhance behavior modification and environment modification (Whitney, 2018). Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
Providing health information helps improve the health outcome of the family members through health behaviors such as physical exercise, healthy eating, and avoiding a sedentary lifestyle. Apart from enhancing health behavior modification, family education helps improve health-seeking behaviors and self-care activities, which further help prevent diseases. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
Struggling to meet your deadline ?
Get assistance on
Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion Essay
done on time by medical experts. Don’t wait – ORDER NOW!
A nurse can determine the effectiveness of a strategy in meeting the needs of a particular family through family and patient assessment to identify the needs of the family. Assessing individuals’ needs entails effective interaction and communication with people to help in understanding the unique needs of the person and the family (Green, 2018). The nurse should identify the available family resources that can be used to achieve health and wellness among the family members.
Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion References
- Green, S.Z. (2018). Understanding families and health promotion. In Grand Canyon University (Ed.), Health promotion: Health & wellness across the continuum. Retrieved from https://lc.gcumedia.com/nrs429vn/health-promotion-health-and-wellness-across-the-continuum/v1.1/#/chapter/1
- Whitney, S., (2018), Health promotion Health and wellness Across the Continuum Retrieved from https://www.gcumedia.com/digital-resources/grand-canyon-university/2018/health-promotion_health-and-wellness-across-the-continuum_1e.php
Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion Instructions
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized.
Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
- Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
- Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
- One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
- I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
- Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
- In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
- Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
- Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.
APA Format and Writing Quality
- Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
- Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
- I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
- I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
- As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
- It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
- For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
- Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes.
- Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
- Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
- The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
- Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
- I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
- As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
- Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
- Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours. Family Health Concept and Health Promotion Discussion